NOW SOLD. I would like to thank everyone who enquired about this aircraft for doing so (this advertisement will be removed shortly).
Charles Gunter, Avia Aviation Pty Ltd
CESSNA 182 KATMAI SUPER-STOL 260 HP fuel injected. OFFERS INVITED.
Hi-performance 182 with amazing STOL & slow flight capability. Cruise 145 kts, Stall 35 kts, takeoff & land in 100m at max weight!.
Completely re-lifed and repainted by Peterson in 2007 which is a nine month process. Mods include canard wing installation, Air Research Wing-X tip extensions, and significantly extended baggage area. Zero time engine and propeller installed 18/10/2007 @TTIS 2053.0 Hrs. TBO is 1500 Hrs / 12 years (charter) so hours to run 660.
BRS parachute system (installed 2014 by www.premiairaviation.com.au).
Also new leather interior and sidewalls in Australia, plus new cabin linings . Highest quality sheepskin seat covers installed over immaculate never-sat-on new leather!
IFR avionics upgrade in 2015 incl GTN750 & GTN650 touchscreen (Baro-VNAV), ADSB, TAS600 Traffic, Stormscope (a $70,000+ value). Aircraft also has Sandel colour eHSI, S-Tec 30 A/P with GPS-NAV steering.
I have never seen a more highly optioned aircraft since starting in aircraft sales in 2005:
- Additional CANARD wing from Peterson Performance Aircraft
- IO-470-F 260 HP Fuel Injected Engine
- BRS Whole of Aircraft Parachute System (extended aft baggage kit is installed)
- Air Research Wing-X Tip Extensions
- Max takeoff increase 2950 lbs to 3100 lbs (additional 68 kgs)
- Knots 2U:
- Flap & Aileron gap seals
- Wheel fairings
- High Intensity Discharge Landing and Taxi Lights
- Maple Leaf Exhaust Fairing
- 88 USG long range fuel tanks (wet wing)
- GAMI Injectors
- EDM/JPI FS-450 Fuel Flow Computer
- EDM/JPI 701 Engine Analyser
- AMARDC cowl flap replacements (fixed, improved cooling no management)
- Kennon Sun Shields (new)
- Rosen sun visors
- Inertia Reel (4 point front seat) Shoulder Harness System
- Flight Products Wing Root Air Vent system (virtually doubles airflow)
- Door Stewards door struts
140-145 KTAS @ 15 GPH (max range 780 nm VFR), or
130 KTAS @ 11.3 GPH (range 950 nm VFR when Lean of Peak EGT)
I flew the aircraft on 18 December for the first time. Probably the most-pitch stable aircraft I've ever flown, much easier/lighter in the landing flare than regular 182, probably halfway between a 182 and 172. The canard wing is the smartest thing out there, checkout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eSFqGyKgsw
The owners spend on this aircraft has been circa $700k. All Cessna 182 SIDS are complied with - absolutely no expense has been spared - currently maintained by www.premiairaviation.com.au
Original logbooks zero, no known accident history. Always Hangared since 2007 (unless touring).
MTOW 1410.7 KG, Empty 907.8 KG, Useful 502.7 KG. Max fuel 88 USG @ 2.65 KG/USG
This aircraft will suit the following operators
- you will get noticed big time wherever you go (how many 182 aircraft have sprouted extra wings?)
- Land and takeoff on almost ANY airstrip (with big margins of safety)
- low time pilots will appreciate extra large safety margins; much easier to land than regular 182
Asking price AU$290,000 no GST (ALL OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED) .
Aircraft is available for inspection at Moorabbin (Melbourne, Australia)
11-Jan-2018 Weights added
23-Dec-2018 (regarding the canard wing): deleted 'fully supported in Australia'. It's possible this may be interpreted that Peterson are located in Australia. They are not, however they support their product from the USA in the same way that the other Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) do. Description of engine changed from 'new' to zero time (engine was factory reconditioned). TBO amended from 1700 to 1500 hrs with 660 hrs to run (some versions run 1700 hrs). Cruise planning figures and range revised (after feedback from owner).
20-Dec-2018- Stormscope added to avionics upgrade in 2015.