Fraud and Security
Here at Plane Sales Australia we take spam and potential fraud very seriously.
Firstly, we have the maximum encrypted security on all pages of our website. Just look for the little green padlock with the word "Secure" on the left side of your browser.
Phishing emails are the most common form of spam you're likely to receive. Fortunately they're easy to spot as the people sending them are not very smart.
Here's a typical example of a Phishing spam:
Name : craig sherwood
Suburb : Belleville
Country : UNITED STATES
State : Illinois
Message : Regarding Plane: 1979 Grumman Tiger
Good day i Would like to know if there could be any price negotiation for this model and your mode of payment,also are there other charges included that's not stated please do let me know..i would need your urgent reply.you can write me directly to my email
provided already as soon as possible.urgently needed.
If you receive an email like this, delete it immediately and don't open any attachments.
Things to look out for:
- Poor spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Generic email addresses.
- Talks mainly about price, payment and delivery. Not overly interested in aircraft details.
- Uses titles to attempt to gain credibility. Doctor, Captain, General etc.
- May represent themselves as a Government official.
- No phone number. Insists on only being contacted by email or text.
- Buyer asks for bank account details. Never send your bank account details.
- The buyer asks for all transactions to be by money transfer services such as Western Union or International transfers to overseas bank accounts.
- Buyer offers to pay over and above your advertised price.
- With any transaction never accept the buyer's proof of payment. Ensure money is in your account and cleared before releasing the goods.
Our site admins are here to help you with this. If you have any doubts about the validity of any enquiry please do not hesitate to
contact us. Try and send us a copy of the enquiry if possible.
Most importantly do your due diligence.
IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS.