|1998 Stoddard-Hamilton Glasair III Super Turbo
|Aircraft Type||Single Engine Propeller|
|Sale Type||For Sale|
|Price|| $269,900 plus GST|
|Location||South Australia, Australia|
|Total Time Airframe||710|
With jaw-dropping performance, the Stoddard Hamilton Glasair III Super Turbo was introduced in 1990; designed to cruise at flight levels at speeds in excess of 270kts TAS!
Co-engineered with NASA, VH-TCS was built as the fourth of its type by the Stoddard Hamilton factory in collaboration with Randy Douglas, renowned Glasair III professional builder located next to the original Stoddard Hamilton factory. This aircraft was built professionally by factory personnel to ensure every detail and option is properly installed.
This aircraft (build#3228) is the only Turbo Glasair III currently in Australia and one of the very few ever built. This magnificent aircraft is offered for sale after having been thoroughly maintained and cared-for by just its second owner since arriving in Australia in 2008.
This 1998 build kit has only 700 hours on both airframe & motor and is offered in excellent condition.
VH-TCS is a pilot's aircraft, with aerobatic, cruise and vertical penetration statistics matching RAAF PC9, Spitfire and Mustang P51 legends. Cruise performance at 8,000' enables Moorabbin to Townsville in only 6 hours total flight time with 3.5 hours fuel endurance en-route.
Make: Stoddard Hamilton Glasair III Turbo
Airframe: 700 hours total time (approx)
- Standard and extended wing tips included
- Electric elevator & aileron trim, electric slotted flaps
- Carbon-fibre strengthened tail
Lycoming Turbo IO-540 AA1B5 / 700 hours (300HP Turbo)
- Extensive bulkstrip completed (December 2019)
- Annual just completed August 2020
- IFR Instrument checks completed August 2020
- Prop Governor overhauled with engine bulk strip
Prop: 150 hours TT, fitted 2015 (Hartzell 2-blade metal)
Prop governor: Freshly overhauled (December 2019)
- Garmin G3X system – 10.6" touch display with synthetic vision
- Garmin G5 - Electronic Artificial Horizon
- Garmin GNS430 GPS
- Garmin GNX375 transponder with traffic
- Garmin GTR200 – VHF Com x 2 (dual)
- Garmin G3X Autopilot system
- Full electronic engine monitoring
- Electronic fuel monitoring
- Charts – (subscription required)
- 4 USB Charge points fitted in cabin
- Second screen on co pilot side via IPAD Pro Blue tooth to aircraft systems (ipad and subscription required)
Extras (please check for details / list subject to change):
- Mountain High Oxygen - with either masks for Flight Levels above FL 160 and Canular for FL160 and below – up to 14 hours duration (1 person) 7 hours (2 pilot /pax)
- Spare Bendix/King KI229 Radio Magnetic Indicator
- Wing tips and lights
- Portable ELB
- Dynon D1 Pocket panel EFIS
- Leather seats & cushions, gloves, life jackets
- Books, manuals and full documentation
Performance / specifications (VH-TCS):
Top speed (TAS, level flight @ sea level): 252kts
Cruise: 242kts TAS at 8,000'/ 190kts IAS)
Stall (Vso): 58kts (slotted flaps as fitted / wing extensions)
Climb: 3000fpm (solo / 50% fuel) / 2400 fpm (Max Gross)
Fuel consumption: 70 LPH (plan) @65% power
Weight: 740kg BEW / 1134kg Max Gross / Baggage: 45kg
G limits: +6/-4 (at 1000kg max) / +9/-6 Ultimate load
Notes: Buyers will appreciate that this aircraft is viewed by appointment only and demonstration flights can only be provided at the discretion of the owner, once negotiations have advanced.
*PLEASE NOTE: Aircraft specifications are subject to verification by the purchaser. It is up to you as the purchaser to conduct your due diligence. Unless given to you in writing by the seller, no warranties are implied or given. Aircraft or parts may be withdrawn from sale at any time. If the price does not contain the notation that it is the total price, the price may or may not include costs such as Stamp Duty, Transfer fees, GST and other State or Federal charges. Please confirm price, fees, charges and features with the seller of the Aircraft or Part.